Sep 20 – Sep 22 2013
$35 Friday, $45 Saturday or Sunday, $110 entire weekend
This weekend has something for all levels of flyers so come willing to sweat, play, and let go of some old fears!
Friday Session (7:15-9:15pm): Grow Your Inversions
: This inversions basics workshop
is designed to make you comfortable to go upside down. We will discuss the fundamentals of inversions; begin with an inversion specific warm-up followed by core work, headstand A & B, forearm
balance, and handstand
at the wall.
Saturday Session (2:00-4:30pm): Fly Like a Yogi
Intermediate: This workshop is playful on purpose to get you out of your head and flying with ease. While staying grounded in the essential elements of alignment, we will play with creative ways of balancing away from the wall. Expect a strong Vinyasa warm-up, plenty of core-work, and lots of fun.
Sunday Session (12:00-2:35pm): Fun with Flying
Intermediate & Advanced: For the advanced yogis, this workshop will focus on slowing things down and moving exclusively from the core to control your inversions. We will discover the importance of the abdominals as we play with scorpion in forearm balance and handstand.
Hey yogis! If you are like me you believe that anything is possible with a little faith, courage and hard work (tapas/practice) First of all though you need to start with some inspiration!
Luckily for me living in Santa Monica I am surrounded by a ton of inspiring yogis, yoginis, teachers and downright gurus!
Here is some yoga inspiration for today! Watch as local Yogaworks teacher trainer Heather Seiniger demonstrates the advanced yoga transition Crow Pose (Bakasana) to Handstand (Adho Mukha Vrksasana) back to Crow Pose (Bakasana) to low plank (Chaturanga Dandasana) and through the vinyasa.
If you would like to master these transitions here is the most logical way to go about it:
1. Learn Crow Pose
2. Learn to jump back from Crow to low plank (Chaturanga Dandasana)
3. Corework, Corework, Do a boatload of boat pose (Navasana), and half boat Ardha Navasana…everyday!
4. Learn Handstand (Watch my tutorials on handstand to get a good start and start practicing the actions of handstand in every pose!
5. Practice lowering to crow from handstand (use a yoga strap on your upper arms just above the elbows so your arms don’t splay out!) Just mastered this thanks to my teacher Krista Cahill and I am so stoked!
6. Practice scooping your hips under, squeezing the knees to the midline and pressing into your hands to life back up to handstand. (You will prob need someone to help you with this by spotting you. Use your yoga strap! I am currently working on this myself, so far just a lift off, but not all the way up on my own.
7. Believe in yourself and of course practice, practice, practice! Good Luck!