Yoga Teacher Marysia Weiss in Handstand to Planche’!
“Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk”
~ Dalia Lama
“Reach your heart forward!” This is the mantra for getting into Planche’ from Handstand.
In yoga, as in life you will not get much out of something if you don’t put your whole heart into it. You can’t just dip a nervous toe into the ocean of yoga and expect enlightenment, peace and joy to wash over like a tsunami of zen.
Rather, these things are hard won victories paid for by many sweat-soaked hours in Warrior 2 and various other means of yogic torture. (oh did I say torture? I meant bliss…of course..)
Likewise putting your heart out there usually means risking it being hurt or worse metaphorically speaking when it comes to matters of the heart.
Of all the difficult things you will learn in life and in yoga one of the hardest is letting your heart lead the way, risking it, or being vulnerable. The great conundrum, is how can I give it all, yet still stand in my strength?
This is the work of Handstand to Planche’,…talk about putting your heart into something, and “out there ” while maintaing your strength. It is a wonderful thing when yoga and life mirror each other. Hope this inspires you lovers and yogis to do the same.
Put your whole heart into whatever t is you are seeking. Planche’ your heart out past what feels safe. If you are waiting for the right moment, stop waiting, that perfect moment never arrives.You have to go for it! All the while maintain your core values, your dignity and your strength.
“You’ve been walking the oceans edge holding up your robes to keep them dry. You must dive deeper under, a thousand times deeper!”
Here is a new vinyasa yoga music playlist! Some beautiful beats to keep you movin’, groovin’ and shakin’ your asana! Get entire playlist by clicking on this link to itunes PING playlist.
- Celtic Arp Music for Sound Therapy, Massage and Yoga, Sounds of Nature for Deep Relaxation and Lucid Dreaming Sleep Music with Nature Sounds Relaxation
- Intro The xx
- Infinity The xx
- Skinny Love (Das Kapital Rerub) Bon Iver
- Lost In the World Kanye West & Bon Iver
- Beauty Beats Beats Antique
- Standing on the Shore Empire of the Sun
- Zeina Petrol Bomb Samosa
- Khaleegi Stomp (Thievery Corporation Remix) Transglobal Underground
- Boa Sorte (Good Luck) Vanessa da Mata
- Kamanche Groove Drumspyder
- Finally Moving Pretty Lights
- The End The Kings of Leon
- When I’m Small Phantogram
- Shake Me Down Cage The Elephant
- Runaway The National
- Surprise Hotel Fool’s Gold
- Bloodbuzz Ohio The National
- Ambling Alp (Alan Wilkis Remix) Yeasayer
- Imogen Heap First Train Home
- Corpse Pose Bill Laswell
Here is a link to my online yoga class Class is ALL LEVELS Vinyasa Flow emphasis on plenty of core, hip-opening and sprinkled with some tasty inversions! Enjoy!
Check out SHAPE magazine, they ran an article about great online yoga sources and Yogis Anonymous was right at the top!