Side Note: If you are a yogi who is offended by my reference to such a gas guzzling monster as the Ferrari rest assured that a yogi like myself is only referring to a eco-friendly Ferrari that runs on vegetables, rainbows and good intentions.
Ah, where was I now? Oh yes, the ever so elusive and seductive one-handed handstand…
To do this pose you will want to start small working with one hand on a yoga block on its flattest side. Your goal will be to keep the arm of the hand that is on the block strongly firming to the mid-line of the body as you kick up into your handstand.
Next place the block on its side at middle height and continue. You get the idea. The higher the hand that is not on the floor the more difficult it will become to balance in handstand.
Eventually of course you will get rid of whatever props you are working with and try to balance by shifting your weight onto one hand, coming up onto the fingertips of the opposite hand and then slowly lifting the fingertips and balancing in your one-handed handstand!
Happy One-Handed Handstanding Yogis!
- Yoga Inspiration ~ Reach Your Heart Forward (kukhahnyoga.wordpress.com)
- Heart and Core Via K.O. Yoga Blog (kukhahnyoga.wordpress.com)
- Yoga Video: Tips For Doing Handstand Away From The Wall (kukhahnyoga.wordpress.com)
- Yoga Inspiration ~ Never Stop Lifting! (kukhahnyoga.wordpress.com)
- What Sea Turtles Wish You Were Wearing (kukhahnyoga.wordpress.com)