The Anhata Chakra is the 4th of the 7 yoga chakrasand means “Unstruck Sound”. The 4th Chakra is the Heart Chakra.
The heart chakra the color is green, and sometimes pink, the symbol is a circular flower with twelve green petals. Inside of the circle are two overlapping triangles which represent the union of male and female.
When the heart chakra is balanced we radiate divine love and feel deeply connected to others. The 4th Chakra represents unconditional love for ourselves and others.This chakra connects the bottom three chakras to the upper three taking us from our basic needs and animal nature to our divine and spiritual nature. Those with open heart chakras have a highly developed sense of touch. Their peaceful energy and compassionate touch are very healing to those around them.
Heart Chakra Body Parts:
- Circulatory System
- Endocrine System
- Heart Attacks
Things That Throw The 4th Chakra Out Of Balance
- Abandonment (particularly as a child)
- Feeling Unloved
- Oneness with Life
- Group Consciousness
- Divine Unconditional Love
- Fear (Fear of emotional loss)
- Inability to feel compassion for others
Backbends Are Paticularly Good For The Heart Chakra.
- Camel (Ustrasana)
- Wheel (Urdhva Dhanurasana)
- Bridge (Setu Bhanda)
- Fish Pose
- Up Dog
- 7 Yoga Poses For The Second Chakra: A Simple Yoga Sequence To Open Your Hips (kukhahnyoga.com)
- Manipura the 3rd Chakra the “Lustrous Jewel” (kukhahnyoga.wordpress.com)
- What’s a Chakra? (cabinetpsihospiritual.wordpress.com)
- Five Yoga Moves for Great Sex (artofintimacy.wordpress.com)
- Are Yogasms Real? (thedailybeast.com)
- Better sex. Yet another benefit of yoga! (joyofspa.com)
3 thoughts on “Yoga and Chakras – The Fourth Chakra Anahata “The Heart Chakra””
Wow! Sounds like you had a deep experience of the bliss you have explained in this article. Amazing!! I too being a yoga practitioner, can understand this flow.
Yes, during Savasana I feel more blissful than I can even put into words. I think it is one of the reasons I have stuck with yoga over the ten years I have been practicing. I figured if I could “just make it to savasna” everything would be okay. There are plenty of times I showed up on my mat for that reason,..and sometimes that reason only. haha. Anyways, I am grateful for it and what it has done to keep me close to this incredible gift of a daily yoga practice.
Hi, I wish for to subscribe for this blog to get
most recent updates, so where can i do it please assist.