“Become the light.”
“Become the light.”
“Become the light.”
Music for vinyasa yoga!
To get the mix on itunes click here for the PING playlist!
The third chakra (manipura chakra meaning “lustrous jewel”) is the seat of personal power within the body because this is the chakra of life force. It is imperative that we strengthen this chakra if we want to manifest our own unique divine gifts in this lifetime. Without the strength cultivated in the third chakra all of the creativity flowing from the second chakra is of little use. The third chakra gives us the courage to put ourselves out there so to speak.
How can we strengthen the third chakra you ask? Yoga of course! Blockage manifests as anger or a sense of victimization.
Location: The Navel
When Manipura the third chakra is balanced we feel at peace, energetic, fearless and free of the destructive tendencies of other people. It is in Manipura chakra that we really free ourselves from our illusion and our complexes. When balanced we take full responsibility for our life. We feel a strong sense of self-worth and positive self value. There is confidence in making decisions because there is a feeling of being in control over our life.
Manipura the third chakra rules the organs of digestion which includes the abdomen, upper intestines liver, adrenals, gallbladder kidneys and pancreas.
When Manipura chakra is out of balance some of the physical dysfunctions people may experience are difficulty with digestion, liver dysfunction, anorexia or bulimia, colon/intestinal problems, and stomach ulcers.
Yoga Poses for Manipura The Third Chakra:
4. Ardha Navasana (Half Boat Pose)
5. Urdhva Prasarita Padasana (Leg Lifts)
6. Warrior poses (Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Warrior 3, Reverse Warrior, Crescent)
Imbalances In Third Chakra Manifest As…
A balanced third chakra manifests as having a solid self-esteem, feelings of purpose, having healthy self-respect, being ambitious, and self-motivated. With a healthy navel chakra we are full of energy, efficiency and spontaneity without being dominating.
So here they are, The Top 15 Unofficial Golden Rules to Live By…according to your non-guru yogi sister Angela..
1. Say “I Love You” to those you care about as often as possible. Look past the petty stuff and blurt those words out as often as you can muster. You can’t say them enough!
2. Remember to say “Thank You”. Let’s face it, you have it goooooooooood! I mean for one thing you are reading my blog, which is a huuuuuuuuuuge! Jokes aside, gratitude is good for you! When you celebrate your blessings you magnify the pleasure you get from life.
3. You are fallible. Everyone is. Get over it!
4. Believe that good will overcome. It always does. Truth prevails.
5. Don’t burn bridges, you never know when you are going to have to take a stroll down the path you came up on.
7. Make your word your bond. If you don’t honor what you say, neither will anybody else.
8. Don’t play the martyr, because you’re not! Everybody has a cross to bear so carry yours with a smile. You might just inspire someone else to do the same.
9. Let your actions speak of your character instead of your words. Don’t say who you are. Be who you are! People who need to brag about themselves rarely live up to the hype.
10. Nice guys finish first. Sure, there are people who will say this isn’t true, and usually they fall into two categories. 1. People who are’t nice. 2. People who think they are nice but are worried they won’t finish first. Problem is, they are both missing the point. Karma catches up with the first kind and frankly the second kind just don’t get it. Doing the right thing is its on reward, and what comes back to you is simply icing on the cake.
11. Be yourself. It’s your story, tell it how you want to. Be different. Be silly. Be amazing! Do it now, and never look back!
12. Be Happy! If finding joy is not enlightenment then it’s pretty darn close!
13. Love! Love till it hurts, love till your heart breaks, and then do it again. Love unconditionally, love wildly, love because love is all there is. If love is not the meaning of life, I don’t know what is. Love!
14. Don’t listen to the critics. Believe in yourself. Be your own biggest cheerleader. Just because it hasn’t been done doesn’t mean it can’t!
15. Laugh as often and as much as possible.