Third Chakra- Manipura 8 Types Of Yoga Poses To Strengthen Your Third Chakra
The third chakra (manipura chakra meaning “lustrous jewel”) is the seat of personal power within the body because this is the chakra of life force. It is imperative that we strengthen this chakra if we want to manifest our own unique divine gifts in this lifetime. Without the strength cultivated in the third chakra all of the creativity flowing from the second chakra is of little use. The third chakra gives us the courage to put ourselves out there so to speak.
How can we strengthen the third chakra you ask? Yoga of course! Blockage manifests as anger or a sense of victimization.
Location: The Navel
When Manipura the third chakra is balanced we feel at peace, energetic, fearless and free of the destructive tendencies of other people. It is in Manipura chakra that we really free ourselves from our illusion and our complexes. When balanced we take full responsibility for our life. We feel a strong sense of self-worth and positive self value. There is confidence in making decisions because there is a feeling of being in control over our life.
Manipura the third chakra rules the organs of digestion which includes the abdomen, upper intestines liver, adrenals, gallbladder kidneys and pancreas.
When Manipura chakra is out of balance some of the physical dysfunctions people may experience are difficulty with digestion, liver dysfunction, anorexia or bulimia, colon/intestinal problems, and stomach ulcers.
Yoga Poses for Manipura The Third Chakra:
1. Suryanamaskar (Sun Salutation) A and B
2. All Abdominal Strengtheners
4. Ardha Navasana (Half Boat Pose)
5. Urdhva Prasarita Padasana (Leg Lifts)
6. Warrior poses (Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Warrior 3, Reverse Warrior, Crescent)
8. Bhastrika Pranayama (Bellows Breath or Breath of Fire).
Imbalances In Third Chakra Manifest As…
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Obsession with power
- Control issues
- Need for power and recognition
- Need for approval
- Fear of responsibility
- Self esteem
- Commitment issues
A balanced third chakra manifests as having a solid self-esteem, feelings of purpose, having healthy self-respect, being ambitious, and self-motivated. With a healthy navel chakra we are full of energy, efficiency and spontaneity without being dominating.
- Get Your Detox On! 10 Amazing Yoga Poses to Kickstart Cleansing (kukhahnyoga.wordpress.com)
- Yoga and Chakras – Anahatasana “The Heart Chakra” (kukhahnyoga.com)
- 7 Yoga Poses For The Second Chakra: A Simple Yoga Sequence To Open Your Hips (kukhahnyoga.com)
2 thoughts on “Manipura: 8 Types Of Yoga Poses To Strengthen Your Third Chakra”
when a friend of mine passed away, I did feel fire within diminished… all the imbalances in the 3rd charka I feel that…