Here is some yoga inspiration for today! Watch as local Yogaworks teacher trainer Heather Seiniger demonstrates the advanced yoga transition Crow Pose (Bakasana) to Handstand (Adho Mukha Vrksasana) back to Crow Pose (Bakasana) to low plank (Chaturanga Dandasana) and through the vinyasa.
If you would like to master these transitions here is the most logical way to go about it:
1. Learn Crow Pose
2. Learn to jump back from Crow to low plank (Chaturanga Dandasana)
4. Learn Handstand (Watch my tutorials on handstand to get a good start and start practicing the actions of handstand in every pose!
5. Practice lowering to crow from handstand (use a yoga strap on your upper arms just above the elbows so your arms don’t splay out!) Just mastered this thanks to my teacher Krista Cahill and I am so stoked!
6. Practice scooping your hips under, squeezing the knees to the midline and pressing into your hands to life back up to handstand. (You will prob need someone to help you with this by spotting you. Use your yoga strap! I am currently working on this myself, so far just a lift off, but not all the way up on my own.
7. Believe in yourself and of course practice, practice, practice! Good Luck!