2. Stimulates the organs of digestion and elimination
3. Creates a lightness in yoga practice especially when practicing balancing postures including inversions and arm balances.
Not recommended if you are pregnant, are trying to get pregnant, have high blood pressure or experience dizziness. This is considered an advanced breathing technique so if you are new to yoga try it under the guidance of an experienced yoga teacher.
To practice Uddiyana Bandha
1.Stand with the legs a little wider than hip width apart and knees softly bent.
2. Inhale reach the arms overhead
4. Hold the breath as you hold the abdominal lock and take a mock inhale (perform the same action of an inhale without actually pulling any air into the body.) drawing the belly further up and in.
5. Hold for as long as comfortable.
6. Inhale soften the abdominals and let the belly drop.
7. Breath in and out through the nose and let the breath return to normal.
8. Beginners start with 3 rounds eventually working up to as many as 10 rounds for advanced practitioners.
- Increasing the Digestive Fire and Awakening Kundalini Energy (traditionalhealing.suite101.com)