Wanna know what famous celebrities love to vinyasa as much as you do? Curious which famous athletes need down dog to stay focused? Here are a few yoga facts I harvested from the TIME magazine online article
1. 75% of all U.S. health clubs offer yoga classes
2. Fifteen million Americans include some form of yoga in their fitness regimen — twice as many as did five years ago
3. Male Pro sports teams have recognized the value of yoga practice and are now integrating yoga into their training regimes! The teams that are using yoga to train include The Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, and Chicago Cubs
4. You know you are ‘bigtime’ when people know you on a first name basis! Some of the celebrities included on this list are Madonna, Julia, Meg, Ricky, Michelle, Gwyneth, Sting,…and they all love yoga!
5. David Duchovny practices Kundalini yoga
6. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss prefers Ashtanga yoga
7. Sabrina the Teenage Witch stars Melissa Joan Hart and Soleil Moon Frye throw yoga parties.
8. Jane Fonda cut out aerobics for yoga (But what I think we really want to know is has Suzanne Summers given up her Thighmaster for it,…but I digress.)
9. Angelina Jolie buffed up for Tomb Raider with yoga!
10. The newly clean Charlie Sheen used yoga and dieting to shed 30 lbs.
11. Sex in the City vamps, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kristin Davis do yoga.
12. All three Dixie Chick are yoga lovers!
13. Sports stars including basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar practice yoga on a regular basis.
14. Yankee pitcher Orlando (El Duque) Hernandez are devotees. Super Model (pictured on the cover of time magazine here)
15. Christy Turlington is a regular at the Jivamukti Yoga Center
16. Guess who else loves it there? Monica Lewinsky
- Fitting Yoga Into My Workout Routine (everydayhealth.com)
- Sunday conversation: Should yoga be ‘free’ to all people? (theconfluencecountdown.com)